Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Chicken Salsa Something?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM
  • 9 Replies

Help me out ladies!  I put 3 chicken breasts in the crock pot this morning with taco seasoning and salsa.  I've got corn chips, enough salad in a bag for one, tomatos, onion, sour cream.  No cheese, no tortillas.  I was thinking somemthing like chicken nacho's, chicken taco salad.  But no cheese or tortilla's.  I don't know.  I've got rice, potatoes, and pasta.  Should I try putting it over one of those instead.  It's just me and DD tonight, so we I'm trying to make it without having to go to the store for one or two things.  Any ideas?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Yuriko_chan
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I'd dice up the potatoes and chicken and mix all of that into the rice. Add a little more salsa on top so its not too dry. Then is grab a can or frozen bag of green beans or peas to eat ob the side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Granny1952
by Bobbi on May. 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

I'd dice up the potatoes and chicken and mix all of that into the rice. Add a little more salsa on top so its not too dry. Then is grab a can or frozen bag of green beans or peas to eat ob the side.

This sounds good to me. I try to keep cheese sauce packets on hand so when I run into this I can make the cheddar cheese sauce and no worry.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I would have it over rice. 

amyjane22
by Amy on May. 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I've had it over rice before and it was really good!  I served corn and salad on the side.  You could serve whatever sides you want.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on May. 1, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Sounds good!

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:27 PM
What did you end up doing? Hope you enjoyed it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1L2CMommy
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM
It was very good. We put it over the corn chips And add sour cream to the top. it was quick easy and cheap but definitely not low calorie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylw993
by Cheryl on May. 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Quoting 1L2CMommy:

It was very good. We put it over the corn chips And add sour cream to the top. it was quick easy and cheap but definitely not low calorie.

sounds delicious.

Dabberdoo
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I would throw in the rice and tomatoes. I might make that myself tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN