Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas for a family of 6 plus 1 babysitiing kids...

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am looking for fun simple dinner ideas for my 4 kids and 1 that I care for at night.

Tonight I am making garlic bread with beef stroganoff (sp) and broccile.

My kids are good eaters and are not to pickiy.

Right now in frezzer I have chicken legs, pork riblets, 2 steaks, and some bonless pork chops.

I am trying to come up with diffrent meals beside the same ol same ol. We grill, back, broil our meat, we use very little oil.

any ideas would be so great .... thank you

by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kymmy28
by New Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:38 PM

that is bake not back lol sorry

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on May. 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Tacos, pigs in a blanket, kbobs, baked ziti, stir fry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 1, 2012 at 5:39 PM

The 3 that come to mind are meatloaf, lasagna & meatball subs. But here is an idea for the chicken legs:

Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Legs from the Betty Crocker site! it says it feed 6 but I think with the right side you could add one more serving.

Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Legs

You Need:

can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1/2
cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky medium salsa
tablespoons packed brown sugar
tablespoon cider vinegar
teaspoon chili powder
chicken legs (about 3 1/2 lb)
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/4
teaspoon pepper

To Make:

• 1Heat gas or charcoal grill. In blender, place tomato sauce, salsa, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder. Cover; process until smooth. Pour about half of the sauce into small bowl for basting. Pour remaining sauce into another small bowl; set aside for serving.
  • 2Sprinkle chicken legs with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 16 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F). Brush chicken legs generously with sauce, turning to coat evenly. Cover grill; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer on each side.
  • 3Serve chicken with reserved sauce for dipping.

Tips:

If you prefer a spicier sauce, add 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce, or to taste, to the tomato-salsa sauce.

This sauce would also be good on hot cooked appetizer meatballs or on grilled chicken wings. Season wings with salt and pepper. Grill 9 to 11 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink, brushing with sauce and turning frequently during last 1 to 2 minutes of grilling.

Serves: 6

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I posted this today, it serves 8 

Tortilla Chicken Casserole

Kymmy28
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Thank you we are going to try it. Dh said looks yummy.

Quoting MamaMandee:

The 3 that come to mind are meatloaf, lasagna & meatball subs. But here is an idea for the chicken legs:

Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Legs from the Betty Crocker site! it says it feed 6 but I think with the right side you could add one more serving.

Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Legs

You Need:

can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1/2
cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky medium salsa
tablespoons packed brown sugar
tablespoon cider vinegar
teaspoon chili powder
chicken legs (about 3 1/2 lb)
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/4
teaspoon pepper

To Make:

• 1Heat gas or charcoal grill. In blender, place tomato sauce, salsa, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder. Cover; process until smooth. Pour about half of the sauce into small bowl for basting. Pour remaining sauce into another small bowl; set aside for serving.
  • 2Sprinkle chicken legs with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 16 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F). Brush chicken legs generously with sauce, turning to coat evenly. Cover grill; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer on each side.
  • 3Serve chicken with reserved sauce for dipping.

Tips:

If you prefer a spicier sauce, add 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce, or to taste, to the tomato-salsa sauce.

This sauce would also be good on hot cooked appetizer meatballs or on grilled chicken wings. Season wings with salt and pepper. Grill 9 to 11 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink, brushing with sauce and turning frequently during last 1 to 2 minutes of grilling.

Serves: 6

Kymmy28
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Sounds yummy I will make it for the kids. Thank you

Quoting MamaMandee:

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Glad I could help :)

Quoting Kymmy28:

Sounds yummy I will make it for the kids. Thank you

Quoting MamaMandee:

BannerElkHogans
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Grilled cheese Sandwich's with a thick gooey soup ...ummm.....ummm.......it its cooking on the fly(everybody usually has bread an cheese..lol)....you could also do Panini's my daughter is 5 an loves them..... :)

amyjane22
by Amy on May. 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM

You could put the chicken legs in the crockpot to let them cook, pull the chicken, and make chicken noodle soup.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)