Chicken and Rice Cordon Bleu from the Betty Crocker site!
- packages (6.2 ounces each) quick-cooking long-grain and wild rice
- cups water
- thin slices baked ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 1/2
- pounds chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
- jar (16 ounces) Parmesan and mozzarella cheese pasta sauce
- teaspoon paprika
- cup finely shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat oven to 350°. Spray rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches, with cooking spray. Mix rice, contents of seasoning packets and water in baking dish. Place ham over rice. Place chicken tenders over ham. Spoon pasta sauce over each chicken tender; sprinkle with paprika.
- 2Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes longer or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley.
If fresh chicken breast tenders are not available, frozen (thawed) chicken tenders (not breaded) may be used. Or substitute boneless, skinless chicken breast halves that have been cut lengthwise into thirds.
Leftover ham from a holiday meal can be used in this recipe. Slice it thin, and cut enough strips to cover the rice.
A salad of mixed greens or fresh arugula and sliced red pears complete this easy chicken casserole meal.