Chicken-Stuffed Shells with Two Sauces from the Betty Crocker site!
- uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- cup lightly packed chopped fresh basil leaves
- cups diced cooked chicken breast (about 1 lb)
- cup small-curd cottage cheese
- cups tomato pasta sauce
- container (10 oz) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package.
- 2In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the basil leaves, the chicken, cottage cheese and egg. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon mixture into each cooked pasta shell.
- 3Pour pasta sauce into baking dish; spread to evenly coat bottom of dish. Place filled shells over sauce, filled sides up. Drizzle Alfredo sauce over shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with foil.
- 4Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and shells are hot. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
Save prep time by making the filling and the sauce the night before. Stuff the cooked shells before guests arrive, and bake the dish while you put together a salad.
Use a decorating bag without a tip to easily stuff the shells with the chicken mixture.