Ground Beef and Twice-Baked Potato Pie from the Betty Crocker site!
- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- cup chopped onion
- cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- teaspoon dried sage leaves
- teaspoon salt
- package (1 lb 8 oz) refrigerated garlic mashed potatoes
- cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- cup chopped fresh tomato, if desired
- slices precooked bacon, chopped, if desired
- medium green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons), if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix beef, onion, bread crumbs, sage, salt and egg until well blended. Press in bottom of ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- 2Bake uncovered about 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of beef mixture reads 160°F. Sprinkle with tomato, bacon and green onions.
Regular flavor mashed potatoes can be used instead of garlic mashed potatoes.
If you have fresh sage on hand, use 2 teaspoons fresh instead of the dried sage.