Enchilada Quesadillas from the Betty Crocker site!
- package (9 oz) frozen cooked southwestern-seasoned chicken breast strips, thawed, coarsely chopped
- cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from 7-oz jar)
- cup sour cream
- Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (8-inch; from 11-oz package)
- tablespoons vegetable oil
- cup Old El Paso® enchilada sauce (from 10-oz can)
- cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (4 oz)
- Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired
- 1In medium bowl, mix chicken, roasted peppers and sour cream.
- 2Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. To prepare each quesadilla, brush one side of tortilla with some of the oil. Place tortilla, oiled side down, in skillet. Brush 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce over entire tortilla. Top half of tortilla with 2 tablespoons cheese, 1/4 cup chicken mixture and 2 tablespoons more cheese. Fold other half of tortilla over filling, pressing down slightly.
- 3Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until tortilla is golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat to make remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve with salsa.
You can use 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey for the packaged seasoned chicken breast strips. Your quesadillas just won't have quite the same flavors.
on May. 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM