Veggie Burritos from the Betty Crocker site!
- tablespoons vegetable oil
- medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- medium red or green bell peppers, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2
- cups shredded carrots (2 medium)
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped
- teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- teaspoon ground cumin
- teaspoon salt
- tablespoons water
- can (16 oz) vegetarian refried beans
- flour tortillas (about 10 inch)
- cups shredded Cheddar, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend or Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in bell peppers, carrots, garlic, chile, oregano, cumin and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in water. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2Spread about 3 tablespoons refried beans on each tortilla. Spoon about 1/3 cup vegetable mixture and 1/4 cup cheese onto each tortilla. Fold sides up over filling; roll up tortilla. On ungreased large cookie sheet, place burritos, seam sides down, about 1 inch apart. Brush tops and sides with salsa.
- 3Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve topped with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Make these ahead to eat for lunch or quick dinners on the go. Prepare burritos as directed but do not bake. Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 5 days. When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and wrap burrito in paper towel. Microwave 1 burrito on High 45 to 60 seconds or until hot and cheese is melted.
For this recipe, use packaged shredded carrots to make it especially quick to prepare.
on May. 5, 2012 at 11:32 AM