Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Book Fair Time!!!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM
  • 22 Replies

Sorry I've not been on much lately, ladies......I really have missed you all, too!  I've been super-busy with things and tired from being so busy, so I haven't been on much.  Also, it's BOOK FAIR SEASON!!  I went last Saturday and Sunday to one book fair, and then took off work this past Wednesday and went today to another book fair.   Not even going to tell you how many books I've brought home!  LOL 

Anyone else like to go to the book fairs?  Any favorite authors you look for when you go?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidansmommy219
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I don't know of any book fairs in my area but there are a few books I've been hearing good things about lately that I'd like to read if I ever get the time lol.

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Yes I like to go find Bargain Books At the friends of the library! These have great books starting at $1.50! I like Lisa Jackson, Kevin O Brian, Lisa Gardner, Karen Slaugter......

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Hahaha I can only image how books you have bought!! The kids school has a book fair but that's all I know about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Oh the author I own the most of is Ann Rule. She writes true crime and I'm pretty sure I own almost all her books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylw993
by Cheryl on May. 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Our library had a book fair today, but I forgot about it until now.

Dabberdoo
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Me, too. How does angrown up book fair work?

Quoting MamaMandee:

Hahaha I can only image how books you have bought!! The kids school has a book fair but that's all I know about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VanBurren
by Beth on May. 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Yes I like to go find Bargain Books At the friends of the library! These have great books starting at $1.50! I like Lisa Jackson, Kevin O Brian, Lisa Gardner, Karen Slaugter......

I actually have quite a few books by all of those authors you named.....haven't read any yet, though.  Robert Crais is my all-time favorite. 

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Quoting MamaMandee:

Oh, my gosh......I bought A TON.....72 just yesterday alone (and it only cost me $2)!  I was up til 1am reorgainizing my shelves!!!  I love my books:)

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Quoting aidansmommy219:

I don't know of any book fairs in my area but there are a few books I've been hearing good things about lately that I'd like to read if I ever get the time lol.

My son says I have my own library, so if you ever want to borrow any, just let me know!!!  LOL

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Quoting MamaMandee:

Oh the author I own the most of is Ann Rule. She writes true crime and I'm pretty sure I own almost all her books.

I used to read true crime all the time, but it got depressing after a while.  Mom still reads them, so I pick some up for her occasionally.  Ann Rule wrote one in particular that has always stuck with me....Small Sacrifices.....such a sad story.  I've wondered how the two surviving children are nowadays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)