Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Pork Chops

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM
  • 8 Replies
I have really nice thick pork chips i was going to grill tonight, it is going to be rainy...i need ideas on baking these chops?????
HELP. PLEASE. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Vipergirl22
by Jessica on May. 7, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Parmesan Crusted Pork

Ingredients

• 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup dried Italian-style bread crumbs
  • 3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
  • 4 (1/2 to 3/4-inch thick) center-cut pork loin chops (each about 10 to 12 ounces)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 6 tablespoons olive oil
  • Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions

Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate. Place the cheese in a third pie plate. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.

Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to plates and serve with lemon wedges

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Oven-Roasted Pork Chops and Vegetables from the Betty Crocker site!

Oven-Roasted Pork Chops and Vegetables

You Need:

tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate
tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2
teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2
teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
1/2
teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
bone-in center-cut pork chops (1/2 inch thick), trimmed of fat
1 1/2
cups fresh baby carrots
medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
cups Green Giant Select® Frozen Whole Green Beans

To Make:

• 1Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine apple juice concentrate, oil, mustard, seasoned salt, marjoram and garlic-pepper blend; mix well.
  • 2Brush pork chops with about half of oil mixture; set pork aside. Add carrots and onion to remaining oil mixture; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables in sprayed pan. Bake at 425°F. for 15 minutes.
  • 3Remove vegetables from oven. Add green beans; stir gently to combine. Arrange pork chops on vegetable mixture.
  • 4Return to oven; bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until pork chops are no longer pink in center and vegetables are fork-tender. Serve pork and vegetables with pan drippings.

Tips:

Fresh green beans can be used in place of the frozen green beans.

Bright-colored green beans and carrots are excellent sources of vitamins A and C.

Arrange the pork chops on a pretty platter and surround them with vegetables. Garnish the platter wish fresh herb sprigs. Pass a sparkling glass bowl of applesauce and a basket of fresh rolls.

Serves: 4

americansugar80
by New Member on May. 7, 2012 at 5:32 PM

3 ingredient shredded bbq pork chops...

1 can of Dr pepper or 1 can of root beer

pork chops

bbq sauce

hamburger buns

bake pork chops with a can of either soda and it will tenderize it enough to easily shred. shred and then Drain soda when pork chops are done (i leave a lil bit in) and add as much bbq sauce to coat the meat. Serve on buns

Vipergirl22
by Jessica on May. 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Quoting americansugar80:

pork chops

bbq sauce

hamburger buns

bake pork chops with a can of either soda and it will tenderize it enough to easily shred. shred and then Drain soda when pork chops are done (i leave a lil bit in) and add as much bbq sauce to coat the meat. Serve on buns

This will have to be something I need to try! Sounds yummy.

americansugar80
by New Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM

you should! where else would have i gotten it but Pinterest? lol

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Quoting americansugar80:

pork chops

bbq sauce

hamburger buns

This will have to be something I need to try! Sounds yummy.

cherylw993
by Cheryl on May. 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Parmesan Crusted Pork

Ingredients

• 2 large eggs
  • 4 (1/2 to 3/4-inch thick) center-cut pork loin chops (each about 10 to 12 ounces)

Directions

Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate. Place the cheese in a third pie plate. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.

Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to plates and serve with lemon wedges

this looks good

Vipergirl22
by Jessica on May. 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Quoting cherylw993:

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Parmesan Crusted Pork

Ingredients

• 2 large eggs

Directions

this looks good

It is good. I have made it once and I liked it. Its Giada's recipe on foodnetwork.

amyjane22
by Amy on May. 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Ooo, I want to try this!

Quoting americansugar80:

pork chops

bbq sauce

hamburger buns

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN