Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Daily Chocolate Fix. . .(Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies)

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

RED VELVET CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES

Ingredients
  • For the brownies:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tablespoon red food coloring (gel or powder)
  • 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • For the cream cheese:
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper (or butter it generously).
  2. Melt the butter; add sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, red food coloring, and vinegar – stir to combine everything. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs; add eggs to the butter mixture slowly, whisking constantly.
  3. Fold the flour into the mixture, being careful not to overmix. Reserve 1/4 cup of batter for the top and set aside. Pour the remaining batter into the prepared baking pan.
For the cream cheese:
  1. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat cream cheese until soft. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla; beat until combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter in baking pan.
  2. Dollop remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese layer. Drag a toothpick or knife through the batter to create swirls.
  3. Bake brownies for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the cream cheese is set. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before cutting.

*recipe taken from a blog: http://fakeginger.com/2011/12/17/red-velvet-cream-cheese-brownies/

by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imadekyle
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM

wowza!! these sound amazing...and so un-fat free :)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

mmmmmm yummmmmmmy!!

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I love everything you post. But I'm no  Red Velvet Fan. I have tried and tried many cakes and cookies that are Red Velvet I just can't get into the flavor of them. I have no idea why! lol..... 

amyjane22
by Amy on May. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I've been trying to figure out what to fix for dessert for when my mother in law comes over tomorrow....I think I've found it.  She loves red velvet! This is perfect!

amyjane22
by Amy on May. 9, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I made this tonight for us to have for dessert tomorrow! I can't wait to taste it! It looks & smells amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylw993
by Cheryl on May. 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM

yum, I have only had red velvet cake a few times, but I really enjoyed it. thanks for sharing.

cherylw993
by Cheryl on May. 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM

this looks amazing. Let us know how it came out.

Quoting amyjane22:

I made this tonight for us to have for dessert tomorrow! I can't wait to taste it! It looks & smells amazing!

lasombrs
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM

*drool* lol

jadedcynic
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Red Velvet is just chocolate with red food coloring. Originally the red color came from a chemical reaction with the cocoa powder, but now that cocoa powder comes alkalyzed food coloring is used for the red color.

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

I love everything you post. But I'm no  Red Velvet Fan. I have tried and tried many cakes and cookies that are Red Velvet I just can't get into the flavor of them. I have no idea why! lol..... 

amyjane22
by Amy on May. 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Well, I cut them this morning and put them on the serving plate, which allowed me to eat one ;)
They are AMAZING! I'm definitely making these again and again! Plus, they were sooo easy to put together!

Quoting cherylw993:

this looks amazing. Let us know how it came out.

Quoting amyjane22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN