Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

If I Gave You.....May 9

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 58 Replies

Girls, if I gave you some peanut butter...what would you do with it??

confused

by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vipergirl22
by Jessica on May. 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Make a Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich..

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Lots of things....mix it with a little light Karo syrup and put it on bread (that's my favorite)......put a dollop into a stir fry.......make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and eat it with a bowl of my spicy chili......make cupcakes:).....

imadekyle
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM

put it with karo syrup huh?? i have never heard of that??

Quoting VanBurren:

Lots of things....mix it with a little light Karo syrup and put it on bread (that's my favorite)......put a dollop into a stir fry.......make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and eat it with a bowl of my spicy chili......make cupcakes:).....

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah....sounds kookie, but that's how mom would fix it when we were kids, and I still love it that way.  You have to put in a ton of karo syrup, though, or it just makes the peanut butter seize up.  Then I just get a couple slices of really fresh sandwich bread and put just a spoonful on the bread, take a bite, another spoonful, another bite......makes me feel like a kid again when I eat it:) 

Quoting imadekyle:

put it with karo syrup huh?? i have never heard of that??

Quoting VanBurren:

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Hubby does this all the time and now my 8 yr does too! But they just use regular maple syrup. 

Quoting VanBurren:

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I think since I grew up with the karo syrup, I just could never get into using maple syrup.  We would use it in a pinch, but I prefer karo:)  Either way, it's a great snack!

Quoting MamaMandee:

Hubby does this all the time and now my 8 yr does too! But they just use regular maple syrup. 

Quoting VanBurren:

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I posted this in a different group the other day!

Thai Chicken Burritos from the Pillsbury site!

Thai Chicken Burritos Recipe

Exotic Thai flavors come to a family-friendly tortilla wrap.

Prep Time: 45 Min

Total Time: 45 Min

Makes: 6 burritos

NGREDIENTS

1/2
 cup uncooked basmati rice, rinsed
 cup water
 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky medium salsa
1/3
 cup JIF® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
 tablespoons water
1/4
 cup packed light brown sugar
 teaspoon chili powder
1/2
 teaspoon ground ginger
 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
 teaspoons sesame oil
 Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (from 11-oz package)
 tablespoons Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky medium salsa
 tablespoons sour cream

DIRECTIONS

1Cook rice in water as directed on package, omitting butter, if called for.2Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1 cup salsa, the peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, water and brown sugar; set aside.3In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix chili powder and ginger. Add chicken; seal bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated.4In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in salsa mixture. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in cooked rice; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until mixture is thoroughly heated.5Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken filling on each warm tortilla to within 1 inch of edge of tortilla. Fold sides of tortilla toward center; fold ends over. Place burritos, folded sides down, on serving plate. Top each with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
VanBurren
by Beth on May. 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Sounds like the ingredients in the stir-fries I like.  I love that this is wrapped in a burrito:)

Quoting MamaMandee:

I posted this in a different group the other day!

Thai Chicken Burritos from the Pillsbury site!

Thai Chicken Burritos Recipe

Exotic Thai flavors come to a family-friendly tortilla wrap.

Prep Time: 45 Min

Total Time: 45 Min

Makes: 6 burritos

NGREDIENTS

1/2
 cup uncooked basmati rice, rinsed
 cup water
 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky medium salsa
1/3
 cup JIF® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
 tablespoons water
1/4
 cup packed light brown sugar
 teaspoon chili powder
1/2
 teaspoon ground ginger
 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
 teaspoons sesame oil
 Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (from 11-oz package)
 tablespoons Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky medium salsa
 tablespoons sour cream

DIRECTIONS

1Cook rice in water as directed on package, omitting butter, if called for.2Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1 cup salsa, the peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, water and brown sugar; set aside.3In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix chili powder and ginger. Add chicken; seal bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated.4In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in salsa mixture. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in cooked rice; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until mixture is thoroughly heated.5Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken filling on each warm tortilla to within 1 inch of edge of tortilla. Fold sides of tortilla toward center; fold ends over. Place burritos, folded sides down, on serving plate. Top each with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream.

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I would make Peanut Butter Cookies :)

GraceHudson
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM
yum

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)