BANANA SPLIT COOKIES
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dried banana chips broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking-spray.
- Combine brownie mix, oil, eggs and water; stir with a fork to combine into a stiff dough. Dough will seem dry, but will completely moisten as you stir. (Knead briefly by hand, in the bowl, if preferred.) Stir in banana chips, walnuts and cherries.
- Working with 1 heaping tablespoon of dough at a time, lightly roll dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Lightly press each ball with the heel of your hand to flatten slightly.
- Bake 12 minutes until just set in the center. Cool 1 minute on pans. Transfer to wire racks with metal spatula and cool completely.
- Dried cherries can be substituted for maraschino cherries. For an additional chocolate punch, stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
*recipe taken from duncanhines.com