One of my closest friends is getting married this weekend, and she told me that when it came to her dessert menu, she had to have one "specialty" item: Cookies and milk. There's nothing sweeter and more comfort foodie than that, right?
For that reason, I often find myself baking cookies all the time, and there's nothing like knowing you've just baked up a batch of theperfect chocolate chip cookies. After seeing celeb chef Tyler Florence's recipe for big, fat, chewy chocolate chip cookies, I may have just found answer to my cookie prayers. Can't wait to try it out!
Tyler Florence's Big, Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies from FoodNetwork.com
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) block dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the vanilla and eggs. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and continue to mix until a smooth batter forms. Turn off the mixer and fold in the chocolate chunks using the spatula.
- To form the cookies, scoop about 1/4 cup of cookie dough into your hands and roll it around into a ball; place them about 3 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets; you should get about 4 cookies on each pan. Press down the tops of the dough slightly and bake until the cookies are light brown, 12 minutes for chewy cookies, or about 15 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough/cookie sheets.
The perfect idea for dessert!