Browned Butter Three-Cheese Tortellini and Broccoli from the Betty Crocker site!
- package (9 oz) refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® frozen broccoli florets
- cup unsalted butter (do not use margarine or vegetable oil spreads)
- tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- clove garlic, finely chopped
- teaspoon grated lemon peel
- teaspoon salt
- 1In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook and drain tortellini as directed on package; cover to keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, microwave broccoli as directed on package.
- 3In same Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook 2 to 5 minutes longer, stirring often, until butter stops foaming and browned bits form at bottom of pan. Remove from heat.
- 4Stir sage, garlic, lemon peel and salt into browned butter. Gently fold in cooked tortellini and broccoli.
Serve with hot, freshly baked Pillsbury® breadsticks.
Make a heartier entrée by adding 2 cups cut up deli rotisserie chicken, or leftover grilled chicken, to the tortellini and broccoli.
Lemon slices and fresh sage leaves make a pretty garnish for this dish.