Quick and Easy Sweet Potato Pound Cake from the Betty Crocker site!
- box Betty Crocker® pound cake mix
- cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- cup milk
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- tub Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan with shortening; lightly flour.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, sweet potatoes, milk, nutmeg and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread in pan.
- 3Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Frost cake with frosting.
How many sweet potatoes do you need to make this yummy cake? Cook up about 2 small or 1 large sweet potato, and you'll end up with 1 cup mashed.
Jazz up this sweetly spiced cake by topping with candied fruits, nuts or coconut.