Grilled Chicken and Raspberry-Spinach Salad from the Betty Crocker site!
- cup Cascadian Farm® organic raspberry fruit spread
- cup red wine vinegar
- tablespoons olive oil
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- cups torn fresh spinach
- bag (10 oz) Cascadian Farm® frozen organic red raspberries, thawed, drained
- cup thinly sliced red onion
- cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, stir together fruit spread, vinegar and oil; reserve 1/3 cup for glaze. Set remaining mixture aside.
- 2Carefully brush grill rack with oil. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Brush chicken with reserved glaze. Cover grill; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; brush with glaze. Cover grill; cook 3 to 7 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with glaze, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
- 3Meanwhile, on 4 individual dinner plates, arrange spinach, raspberries, onion and almonds. Cut each grilled chicken breast into slices; place on top of salads. Drizzle with remaining fruit spread mixture.
Toasting almonds brings out the flavor! In ungreased heavy skillet, cook over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until light brown.