Linguine with Red Clam Sauce from the Betty Crocker site!
- oz uncooked linguine
- cup olive or vegetable oil
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- can (28 oz) Muir Glen® organic whole peeled tomatoes with basil, drained, chopped
- small red chile, seeded, finely chopped
- pint shucked fresh small clams, drained, liquid reserved
- tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- teaspoon salt
- 1Cook and drain linguine as directed on package.
- 2Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until golden. Stir in tomatoes and chili. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Stir in clam liquid. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 4Chop clams. Stir clams, parsley and salt into tomato mixture. Cover; simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until clams are tender. Serve over linguine.
on May. 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM