Apple and Onion Beef Pot Roast Recipe from http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Apple-and-Onion-Beef-Pot-Roast
- Prep: 30 min. Cook: 5 hours + standing
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), cut in half
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large tart apple, quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon browning sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown roast on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits; pour over roast. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Top with apple and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast and onion; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Strain cooking liquid into a saucepan, discarding apple. Bring liquid to a boil; cook until reduced to 2 cups, about 15 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in browning sauce. Stir into cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef and onion. Yield: 8 servings with leftovers.