Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Do you know what this is???

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

My stepmother use to make something for me that I loved right before she passed away. She would take a hamburger patted out and fry it up with a breading. Does anyone know what I am talking about and how to make this? I sure do miss this.

by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 28, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Chicken fried steak? 

Country Fried Steaks

You Need:

1/2
cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/2
cup buttermilk
1/2
cup Progresso® garlic-herb bread crumbs
beef cube steaks (4 oz each)
1/3
cup canola or vegetable oil
cup thinly sliced onions
tablespoons Original Bisquick® mix
cups half-and-half
tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

To Make:

• 1In shallow dish, place 1/2 cup Bisquick mix. Into small bowl, pour buttermilk. In another shallow dish, place bread crumbs. Coat beef steaks with Bisquick mix. Dip each coated steak into buttermilk, then coat with bread crumbs.
  • 2In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until thoroughly cooked. Remove from skillet; cover with foil to keep warm.
  • 3In same skillet, cook onions over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
  • 4In tightly covered container, shake 3 tablespoons Bisquick mix and the half-and-half until blended. Pour into onions in skillet. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gravy is thickened. Pour gravy over steaks; sprinkle with parsley.

Serves: 4

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/country-fried-steaks/bec4d2a4-61d7-49d8-8dac-c14bd8bd54fa?src=SH

JessicaPoff
by on May. 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Well that could be it but she did not make gravy or anything like that. She served on a hamburger bun

Quoting MamaMandee:

Chicken fried steak? 

Country Fried Steaks

You Need:

1/2
cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/2
cup buttermilk
1/2
cup Progresso® garlic-herb bread crumbs
beef cube steaks (4 oz each)
1/3
cup canola or vegetable oil
cup thinly sliced onions
tablespoons Original Bisquick® mix
cups half-and-half
tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

To Make:

• 1In shallow dish, place 1/2 cup Bisquick mix. Into small bowl, pour buttermilk. In another shallow dish, place bread crumbs. Coat beef steaks with Bisquick mix. Dip each coated steak into buttermilk, then coat with bread crumbs.
  • 2In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until thoroughly cooked. Remove from skillet; cover with foil to keep warm.
  • 3In same skillet, cook onions over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
  • 4In tightly covered container, shake 3 tablespoons Bisquick mix and the half-and-half until blended. Pour into onions in skillet. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gravy is thickened. Pour gravy over steaks; sprinkle with parsley.

Serves: 4

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/country-fried-steaks/bec4d2a4-61d7-49d8-8dac-c14bd8bd54fa?src=SH

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Hmmm thats all I can think of, maybe one of the other ladies have an idea :)

Quoting JessicaPoff:

Well that could be it but she did not make gravy or anything like that. She served on a hamburger bun

Quoting MamaMandee:

Chicken fried steak? 

Country Fried Steaks

Vipergirl22
by Jessica on May. 28, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Yea chicken fried steak is what comes to mind to me as well. She could have simply omitted the gravy to put it on a bun.

amyjane22
by Amy on May. 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Sounds like chicken fried steak to me.

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 29, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I found this just surfing around:

You will need:
Hamburger
Eggs
Crackers
Seasoning
Vegetable oil
Hamburger buns (optional)

Make your hamburger patties, crush the crackers very finely, beat eggs about 2 eggs per pound. Add your own special seasoning to your cracker crumbs....... Heat vegetable oil in a pan. ...... Dip hamburger patties in the egg then cracker crumbs and place it in the hot oil, be careful of splatter. Cook like a regular hamburger, make sure first side is golden to medium brown before flipping.

Granny1952
by Bobbi on May. 30, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Quoting VanBurren:

You will need:
Hamburger
Eggs
Crackers
Seasoning
Vegetable oil

Make your hamburger patties, crush the crackers very finely, beat eggs about 2 eggs per pound. Add your own special seasoning to your cracker crumbs....... Heat vegetable oil in a pan. ...... Dip hamburger patties in the egg then cracker crumbs and place it in the hot oil, be careful of splatter. Cook like a regular hamburger, make sure first side is golden to medium brown before flipping.

These sound awesome. I will have to try them.

Flaca43
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Sounds good to me!

Quoting VanBurren:

You will need:
Hamburger
Eggs
Crackers
Seasoning
Vegetable oil

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaPoff
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Thanks Everyone!

Quoting Flaca43:

Sounds good to me!

Quoting VanBurren:

You will need:
Hamburger
Eggs
Crackers
Seasoning
Vegetable oil

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN