Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Salt Made From Human Tears Gives New Meaning to the Term 'Emotional Eating'

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 8 Replies

Salt Made From Human Tears Gives New Meaning to the Term 'Emotional Eating'

Posted by Lindsay Mannering on May 31, 2012 at 6:49 PM

salt from human tears

Guys? Table salt is soooooooo 2011. The newest way to get your sodium fix is to use salt derived from human tears. Mmmhmm! A British company is selling the novelty jars of salt harvested from people crying chopping onions, laughing, sneezing, getting angry, or being sad. Apparently, the different array of emotions captured in the salt crystals adds a certain somethin' somethin' to your lackluster meals. Emotional eating just got literal.

If you practice any sort of sorcery or witchcraft, this seasoning is probably right up your alley. And if not, well, this is probably the funniest dinner party gift you could get someone.

But here's something ... I have no idea if this is real or not. No clue. It looks real? But then again it looks completely made up -- the profits go to a children's story telling program. Basically, I can't tell what's real or what's not anymore -- people are eating other people's faces for crying out loud. Salt made from human tears sounds downright normal next to that shit.

Anywhoosle, if you want some of this real (or not so real) salt, all you gotta do is fork over about $15, and a jar of the goodness is all yours. According to the website, the salt was gently boiled, released into shallow crystallisation tanks, then harvested by hand, and finally rinsed in brine. Sounds delicious.

The London ... apothecary would we call it? ... that's selling the stuff has been around sine the early 1800s and says: "Whether you’re a Vampire, Werewolf, Sasquatch, or some Thing else entirely, we have everything you need."

So look no further, folks. Monsters in London are where it's at. Now, if only I could get someone to loan me some money -- I'd like to start my own human tear-salt operation. Put on The Notebook and my first batch will be ready to go.

Interested in trying salt made from human tears? And, please, if you know if this is real or not, help a sister out.

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amyjane22
by Amy on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:25 PM

oh my gosh... that just seems ridiculous to me.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Im going to pass! LOL

snuggiewoogie
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I think I'm passing on this one.......

cherylw993
by Cheryl on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:38 PM

no way.

VanBurren
by Beth on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Thaaaaat's pretty kookie.  Have no idea if that's real or not.....but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was. lol  I'll stick to the old-fashioned salt, thank you very much. 

ty355172
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Weird....probably jist for fun, i hope...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I'm going to pass..

Dabberdoo
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Gross.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)