Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Do you have this Bread Machine?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just got this bread machinethe other day and tried it out today. I did not have a manual and I have searched and searched online for one but there is none out there. I also went to this site called Hillbilly housewife. Well I ound a recipe on allrecipes.com for this bread that had tons of positive reviews.

• 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Directions

1. Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes. Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast. Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start.

Well its over flowing in my bread machine. The machine I have is MisterLoaf HB210. Does anyone have this machine and know maybe what I did wrong. Because if you read the reviews everyone said their's came out perfect.

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    gmadiane
    by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM

BUMP!

MamaMandee
    by Mandee on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Sorry I dont have that one. 

Dabberdoo
    by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    It could be 2 things. First, your loaf size was too small for this recipe or you used too much yeast. Did you search by model # and manufacturer?
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    JessicaPoff
    by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I did and no luck. The recipe called for .25 ounce of yeast which is exactly what I used was one of those packets that was .25 once. Also the recipe said that it would make 1 to 1.5 pound loaf which from what hillbilly house wife said if you fill up your loaf pan with water that will give you an idea about how many pounds it would make. It was right at 10 cups of water which would have been right at 1 to 1.5 pounds. The bread  is extremely good but it looked like a mushroom cap. Quoting Dabberdoo:

It could be 2 things. First, your loaf size was too small for this recipe or you used too much yeast. Did you search by model # and manufacturer?

mrgetinold
    by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    Oh hon if i had abread machine i d weigh 300 plus pounds, i so do love the smell of gresh baked bread yum, but if i want it baf enough i need to do the work first mixing, the kneading and all enjoy your machine yum
    VanBurren
    by Beth on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I don't have a bread machine.  Here's a bump for you.

StephanAndCoral
    by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM
    I am sorry I don't know all of the machines I have ever used say add everything except the yeast poke a hole in the flour pour the yeast in the hole then start the machine.
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    amyjane22
    by Amy on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    I don't use a bread machine, but here's a bump for you. Hope you get it figured out soon!
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    KaylaMillar
    by Kayla on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    With my bread machine the liquid goes on the bottom and yeast always the last to go in. Another possibility is that the load you made was too big for your machine. Does it have an option where you can choose a load size?
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    Dabberdoo
    by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I'm wondering if allow the yeast to activate first is the problem.  None of my bread machine recipes call for that.  You just dump the yeast in last.  I think I would try eliminating that step.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)