Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Muffin Tin Meat Loaf . . . I'm Giving It a GO!

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have bacon wrapped meat loaf baking in muffin tins for individual portions in my oven.  Hoping it turns out.  Cross your fingers for me.

Follow my blog, Kelly's Kapers, and read about my journey to my first 5K, a more "natural" way of living and the crazy things that happen in a home with 6 children!

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidansmommy219
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM

sounds good! was it a recipe posted in here that youre trying?

snuggiewoogie
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM

fingers crossed 

Dabberdoo
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Quoting aidansmommy219:

Well, I just googled "easy meat loaf recipes" and used one from allrecipes.com.  As far as wrapping it in bacon and cooking individual portions in muffin tins, I saw Gordon Ramsey do it on a UK Kitchen Nightmares episode on BBC America. The muffins tins cut down on cooking time.  You can also use muffin tins for making home made stuffing servings, too.  Here is the meatloaf recipe I'm using although I mixed ground turkey with ground sausage.

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup dried bread crumbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1/3 cup ketchup

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.

Follow my blog, Kelly's Kapers, and read about my journey to my first 5K, a more "natural" way of living and the crazy things that happen in a home with 6 children!

aidansmommy219
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

take pictures for us :) ground sausage-turkey mix sounds awesome.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

Quoting aidansmommy219:

Well, I just googled "easy meat loaf recipes" and used one from allrecipes.com.  As far as wrapping it in bacon and cooking individual portions in muffin tins, I saw Gordon Ramsey do it on a UK Kitchen Nightmares episode on BBC America. The muffins tins cut down on cooking time.  You can also use muffin tins for making home made stuffing servings, too.  Here is the meatloaf recipe I'm using although I mixed ground turkey with ground sausage.

Ingredients

• 1 egg
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup ketchup

Directions

2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.

VanBurren
by Beth on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Mmmmmm.....I'm sure it'll turn out wonderful!

Dabberdoo
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Quoting aidansmommy219:

take pictures for us :) ground sausage-turkey mix sounds awesome.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

Quoting aidansmommy219:

Ingredients

• 1 egg
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup ketchup

Directions

All kinds of camera issues so I can't take pics but the bacon wrapped and cooked in muffin tins was BRILLIANT.  I think the turkey/sausage combo would have been okay had I not used Italian seasoned bread crumbs, also.  (It was all I had.)  It doesn't taste much like meat loaf although it still tastes good.  Would totally recommend taking your favorite meat loaf recipe and wrapping it in bacon and baking it in muffin tins.  Its super nice and cooked quickly.

Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Oh wow! Sounds like it was delicious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Sounds awesome! I was just telling hubby the other night I need a larger muffin tin for recipes like this! 

imadekyle
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Great job! Cool idea to cook in the muffin tin like that
Dabberdoo
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I have a friend who bakes her brownies in muffin tins because she likes the crunchy edges.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN