Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad with Caramelized Onion, Broccoli and Mango
Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad with Caramelized Onion, Broccoli and Mango from the Betty Crocker site!
- package (8oz) uncooked campanelle or rotini pasta
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb)
- tablespoon olive oil
- medium onion, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- cups fresh broccoli florets
- ripe mangoes, seed removed, peeled, and cut up
- red bell pepper, chopped
- medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, then cut crosswise into slices (1 cup)
- bottle (8 oz) Italian dressing
- teaspoon salt
- 1Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well.
- 2Meanwhile, place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning once or twice until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Cool slightly. Cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- 3In 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onion; cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10 to 15 minutes longer, stirring every 5 minutes, until onion is deep golden brown (onion will shrink during cooking). Cool slightly.
- 5In large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, caramelized onion and remaining ingredients; toss gently to coat. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors.