Daily Chocolate Fix. . .(Chocolate Marshmallow S'Mores Cupcakes)
I love this site.....http://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cupcakes/dh/chocolate-marshmallow-smore-cupcakes
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW S'MORES CUPCAKES
Graham Cracker Layer:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 cups marshmallow fluff
- 2 cans Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 2 packets Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Chocolate Marshmallow Flavor Mix
- 2 tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- 24 mini-marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in muffin pans.
- Mix 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and salt in small bowl.
- Place 2 tsp. of the graham cracker mixture in bottom of each cupcake liner. Use bottom of small juice glass to pack and flatten graham crust in liners.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until graham cracker layer is golden. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare cake batter as directed on package. Scoop cake batter on top of graham cracker crust, filling cupcake liner no more than two-thirds full.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then turn out of pans to finish cooling.
- Cut a cone-shaped piece from middle of cupcake. Do not cut through graham cracker layer.
- Put marshmallow fluff in a piping bag or plastic bag with the corner cut off and squeeze fluff into hollow of cupcake.
- Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Chocolate Marshmallow Flavor Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Repeat with second can and packet.
- Frost cupcakes with the Chocolate Marshmallow frosting you just created.
- Sprinkle tops of cupcakes with extra graham cracker crumbs and garnish with a mini-marshmallow.
- To replicate the cupcakes in the photo, pipe frosting using a piping bag and large round decorator tip.