Grilled Meat Loaf Meal Packs from the Betty Crocker site!
- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- package (1 oz) onion recipe and dip soup mix (from 2-oz box)
- cup milk
- cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- cup ketchup
- bag (1 lb 4 oz) refrigerated new potato wedges
- cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- Fresh parsley, if desired
- 1Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 6 (18x10-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix beef, dry soup mix, egg, milk and bread crumbs. Shape into 6 loaves, 4x2 1/2x1 inch. Place 1 loaf on each foil sheet; top each with about 1 tablespoon of the ketchup. Place about 1/2 cup potatoes and 1/2 cup carrots around each loaf.
- 2Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- 3Place packets on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and meat thermometer inserted in center of loaves reads 160ºF. To serve, cut large X across top of each packet; carefully fold back foil to allow steam to escape. Garnish with parsley.
Fresh new potatoes, cut into wedges, can be used instead of the refrigerated potatoes. Because the refrigerated potatoes are partially cooked, microwave the fresh ones for 4 to 6 minutes before adding them to the packets.
Make these packets up to 24 hours in advance. Pop them on the grill when you are ready to eat.
Although these hearty packets can be a complete meal, a crisp mixed-greens salad would be a nice addition.