Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Lasagna...need ideas

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:55 PM
  • 6 Replies
What do u add to mix it up a little bit...I'm sick of the red sauce and mozarella cheese kind...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM

The Betty Crocker site has a ton of ideas! Here is the link:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/search/searchresults?st=6&term=Lasagna#/?term=Lasagna&pi=1&ps=9

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Golden-Crusted Chicken-Asparagus Lasagna looked really good to me!

Golden-Crusted Chicken-Asparagus Lasagna

You Need:

uncooked lasagna noodles (9 ounces)
pounds asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1/2
teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning salt
tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4
cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 3/4
cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
1/2
cup milk
teaspoons fresh marjoram leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
cups diced cooked chicken
1/2
cup roasted red bell peppers, from 7-ounce jar, drained and chopped
3/4
cup shredded Parmesan cheese
cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
1/2
cup whipping (heavy) cream

To Make:

• 1Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
  • 2Heat 5 cups water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add asparagus; heat to boiling. Boil 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place asparagus in bowl. Toss with oil and lemon pepper seasoning salt.
  • 3Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth, milk and marjoram. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken, 1/4 cup of the bell peppers and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot.
  • 4Spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture, half of the asparagus and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, starting with noodles. Top with remaining 3 noodles.
  • 5Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of lasagna. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bell peppers and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until hot in center and top is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Tips:

Improvise! When fresh asparagus is not in season, substitute 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen asparagus cuts, thawed. There’s no need to cook the frozen veggies.

The whipping cream and cheese mixture that tops this recipe forms a pretty golden brown and crispy topping. To “whip” up this topping in a flash, make sure that your cream is as cold as possible and chill the beaters and bowl for a few minutes in the freezer.

Serves: 8

cherylw993
by Cheryl on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Shayne posted an awesome lasagna recipe almost a year ago. It has become a family favorite and I keep getting request to make it. I don't know how to link it to this post, but I did bump it for you. It is called the Mexican Chicken Sour cream lasagna. I do make one small change to it. I add 2 cans of rotel instead of the 1 can of green chiles.

Maybe someone may know how to link it to this post.

MaiasMommy619
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I'll look for it and try it :)
Thanks!!

Quoting cherylw993:

Shayne posted an awesome lasagna recipe almost a year ago. It has become a family favorite and I keep getting request to make it. I don't know how to link it to this post, but I did bump it for you. It is called the Mexican Chicken Sour cream lasagna. I do make one small change to it. I add 2 cans of rotel instead of the 1 can of green chiles.

Maybe someone may know how to link it to this post.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaiasMommy619
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:40 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:42 AM

lol I am boring thats all I do. DH likes meat but I dont (in lasagna anyway). We both had vegitarian lasagna while we were in Ireland and I think it scarred us for life lol so we arent daring with it :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN