Italian Pasta and Beef Bake from the Betty Crocker site!
- oz. (1 1/2 cups) uncooked mostaccioli or penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- (15-oz.) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- (4.5-oz.) jar Green Giant® Sliced Mushrooms, drained
- oz. (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook mostaccioli as directed on package. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; pour into sprayed baking dish.
- 3Add cooked mostaccioli; stir gently to mix. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; place sprayed side down on baking dish and seal tightly.
- 4Bake at 350°F. for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and cheese is melted.
Prepare this baked pasta and beef recipe with your favorite pasta shape. Rotini or radiatore can be used in place of the mostaccioli or penne.
You can reduce the sodium by about 750 milligrams per serving by using no-salt-added tomato sauce and diced whole tomatoes.
Italian blend salad greens tossed with low-fat Caesar dressing can be served with this Italian-inspired dish. Add warm rolls or garlic toast to complete the menu. For dessert, serve biscotti and espresso.