Chicken and Ravioli Carbonara from the Betty Crocker site!
- tablespoons Italian dressing
- lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
- cup half-and-half
- slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- 1In 10-inch skillet, heat dressing over high heat. Cook chicken in dressing 2 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown.
- 2Add broth and ravioli to skillet. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cook uncovered about 4 minutes or until ravioli are tender and almost all broth has evaporated.
- 3Stir in half-and-half; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is hot and desired consistency (cook longer for a thicker sauce). Sprinkle with bacon, cheese and parsley.
The less time the sauce is cooked, the thinner it will be; if cooked longer, the sauce will become thick and coat the ravioli.
For a splash of vibrant color, cut one orange or red bell pepper into 1/4-inch strips and add to the skillet with the broth and ravioli.