Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Pasta from the Betty Crocker site!
- oz spaghetti, cooked, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water
- tablespoons butter
- oz sliced mushrooms
- small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2
- cups loosely packed spinach
- to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- tablespoons flour
- cup half-and-half
- cup cubed, cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works great)
- tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- cup reserved pasta water
- 1In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onions and spinach in butter until vegetables are softened and spinach is wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in garlic. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute until the pasty taste cooks off. Add the half-and-half and stir slowly as sauce thickens. Add the chicken to skillet; cook until hot, stirring occasionally. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Add cooked spaghetti and reserved pasta water. Stir to combine.
Shrimp would be a great substitute for the chicken, and asparagus also works well in place of the spinach.