Fettuccine with Chicken and Herbed Vegetables from the Betty Crocker site!
- oz uncooked fettuccine
- tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2
- lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- small green bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, sliced
- large tomatoes, seeded, chopped (3 cups)
- tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 1Cook fettuccine to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- 3Stir in chicken, bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned on outside and no longer pink in center. Stir in zucchini, tomatoes, basil and oregano. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender.
- 4Place fettuccine on serving platter; spoon chicken mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Cut up the chicken, onion, bell pepper and zucchini up to one day ahead of time. Pack each ingredient separately in resealable food-storage plastic bags. Refrigerate ingredients until you are ready to cook.