Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Help?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

im so sick of frozen chicken nuggets, frozen pizza, Etc so i want to make some home cooked meals.

i have ground beef, beef tips, and a little bit of boneless skinless chicken breasts. i have most of the staples, some spices, bread crumbs, noodles, etc but the thing is i dont want the normal hamburgers, tacos, grilled chicken. i want something new i want to experiement and find new foods. can anyone give me any ideas? i tried allrecipes but i cant find anything that looks good or that im not sick of. (im kinda picky too)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Slow Cooker No Peek Beef Tips from the Reynolds Wrap site!

Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner

pounds beef for stew or beef chuck eye steak, cubed

can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup, regular or 98% fat free

envelope onion soup mix

package (about 1 oz.) dry brown gravy mix

1 1/4

cups ginger ale or 7-Up®

can (7 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained

Hot cooked egg noodles or rice

OPEN slow cooker liner and place it inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.

PLACE beef in the slow cooker liner. Combine mushroom soup, onion soup mix and brown gravy mix in a bowl until well blended. Stir in ginger ale. Add mushrooms to mixture; pour over beef. Place lid on slow cooker.

COOK on LOW for 5 to 6 hours OR on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.

CAREFULLY remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve food over noodles directly from slow cooker liner. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss./span

Number of Servings: 6-8

Nutrition Information:
(Per Serving)

calories   301
grams fat   11
% calories from fat   33
milligrams cholesterol   93
milligrams sodium   1169
grams carbohydrates   15
grams fiber   1
grams protein   34
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Here is a link to pull up a ton of chicken recipes that have been posted in this group. There are some really good ones in there:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114484/forums/search_posts.php?keyword=chicken+breasts

rlk121909
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaMandee:

envelope onion soup mix

1 1/4

cups ginger ale or 7-Up®

OPEN slow cooker liner and place it inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.

PLACE beef in the slow cooker liner. Combine mushroom soup, onion soup mix and brown gravy mix in a bowl until well blended. Stir in ginger ale. Add mushrooms to mixture; pour over beef. Place lid on slow cooker.

CAREFULLY remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve food over noodles directly from slow cooker liner. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss./span

Nutrition Information:
(Per Serving)

calories   301
grams fat   11
% calories from fat   33
milligrams sodium   1169
grams carbohydrates   15
grams fiber   1
grams protein   34

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

cherylw993
by Cheryl on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

You mentioned you had noodles, this uses egg noodles and ground beef.  I have made this before and it is very good.

Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup beef broth
1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
Directions:
1. Break up ground meat into a large skillet, and add onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, and mustard powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until the meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain off excess fat.
2. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and beef broth. Stir into beef mixture, and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not stir too much.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain. Serve sauce over hot noodles.
aidansmommy219
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM
This sounds good.

Quoting MamaMandee:

envelope onion soup mix

1 1/4

cups ginger ale or 7-Up®

Nutrition Information:
(Per Serving)

calories   301
grams fat   11
% calories from fat   33
milligrams sodium   1169
grams carbohydrates   15
grams fiber   1
grams protein   34
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)