Lemon-Pignoli Zucchini Pasta from the Betty Crocker site!
- cups uncooked orecchiette (tiny disk) pasta
- small zucchini, thinly sliced
- pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Grated peel and juice of 2 lemons
- cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2
- cups crumbled feta cheese (6 oz)
- cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- cup pine nuts
- 1Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently toss zucchini, tomatoes, lemon peel and juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- 3Add pasta to zucchini mixture; toss until well mixed. Add feta cheese and basil; toss again. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately or refrigerate tightly covered up to 24 hours.
Add more Mediterranean flair by tossing in some sliced kalamata olives and a can of Progresso® cannellini beans, drained.
Basil sprigs and lemon slices make a pretty garnish for this pasta salad.
Toast the pine nuts to bring out their flavor. Sprinkle nuts in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until nuts begin to brown, then stirring constantly until golden brown.
PREP TIME30 Min
Total TIME 30 Min