Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Eggplant Lasagna Help!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM
  • 4 Replies
I've never made it before...or cooked with eggplant. I was just going to make lasagna like I usually do but replace the noodles with the eggplant. The recipe I have says to bread and fry the eggplant. That sounds really heavy to me, ( heavier then regular lasagna). I was expecting to roast the eggplant in thin strips in the oven. Anyone ever make this, and if yes, how??? TIA!!

ETA: My eggplant has gotten very soft. I've had it on the counter since Tuesday when I got it. Can I still use it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ashleybgarcia
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Eggplant is better firmer. You can fry & drain. That's how I always make mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I have never cooked with eggplant

suetoo
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to cook the eggplant first, then build your lasagne. I think I heard Emeril talk about how to do that, but don't remember. Good luck.
scapermom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Probably too late here, but from what this Rachel Ray recipe says it looks like you don't have to bread & fry it first. Here's a link http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/no-noodle-lasagnas/
I may try this this week with the eggplant I got in my CSA box. But it wouldn't be bad thing to bread & fry first since that's how you would make eggplant parmigiana. Which is very similar anyway. My mother in law makes hers with ricotta cheese. I've also had eggplant rollitini which is breaded, fried rolled & stuffed with ricotta, covered in sauce & mozzerella, then baked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN