Impossibly Easy Barbecue Beef Pie from the Betty Crocker site!
- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- small bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2
- cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- cup Original Bisquick® mix
- cup milk
- Additional barbecue sauce, heated, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate with shortening. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, bell pepper and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in 1/3 cup barbecue sauce. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- 2In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until blended. Pour over beef mixture.
- 3Bake uncovered 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with additional barbecue sauce.
Baked beans and coleslaw are natural accompaniments for barbecue beef.