Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

What’s your family’s favorite Mexican dish?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms coupons to try Old El Paso products. Read about the delicious recipes they are making and what their family had to say about these vibrant looking dinners.

Then, tell us your family's favorite Mexican dish.

( ) CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Replies (101-110):
beadingmom17
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Mmmmm...melty, cheesy, goodness!

I totally meant to take a picture of it plated, but, well, they smelled amazing and we were starving, so we pretty much pulled them out, threw them on a plate with sour cream and stuffed our faces! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:35 AM

These all sound wonderful!

Kodysmommy928
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Last night we made the Easy Taco Bake recipe from the Betty Crocker site.  We left out the black olives to make it more kid friendly.

Here is the recipe from the site:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/easy-taco-bake/cc446927-3df7-4a1f-b927-619436bd89f7?sc=All Old El Paso® Recipes&term=Old El Paso&itemId=e08395d9-929b-4981-95ad-a150bbd39ad2 

Easy Taco Bake

Easy Taco Bake  

Old El Paso® salsa and seasoning mix add Mexican flavors to this cheesy casserole that's filled with beef and Progresso® beans and topped with Pillsbury® pizza crust.

PREP TIME 20 Min

• TOTAL TIME 45 Min
  • SERVINGS 8

lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
jar (16 oz) Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa (2 cups)
package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
can (15 oz) pinto beans or Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
can (3.8 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
1/2
cup corn chips, crushed
cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
cups shredded lettuce
cup diced tomato (1 medium)
1/2
cup sour cream

• 1 Heat oven to 400°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salsa and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
  • 2 Stir beans and olives into beef mixture. Cook until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Unroll dough over filling; sprinkle crushed corn chips over top.
  • 3 Bake 13 to 17 minutes until light golden brown. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chips; let stand 5 minutes to melt cheese. Serve with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.

We really loved it!  First, let me say, it was so easy to put this together!  After you brown and season your beef, you just assemble it all and bake it, doesn't get much more simple than that.  My picky 7 and 3 year olds loved it.  It made a ton, so my husband is having the left overs for lunch today and I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't reheat well.  This one is a winner, we will make again for sure!

Cassidysmom611
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I was excited to get my ingredients to make the Cheesy bacon-bean quesadillas. My Husband is a very picky eater and the beans were making me a little nervous. However, to my surprise he loved them!! I bought Old El Paso re fried beans, salsa, and the tortillas. Luckily, it was located in our ethnic food aisle and the bright colors on the packaging made it easy to spot. 

Our family has mexican food atleast twice a month, we will defenitly keep this recipe in the "rotation". 

I would recommend Old El Paso foods to my friends, and already did to my Mom and Mother in law. Sorry, I do not have pictures. I did not remember to take them until after the evidence was eaten... I mean gone :-)

momkaribg
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I love fajitas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Yummy

Quoting yvonne37:

oh boy this looks good!

Quoting batjmom:

Thank you Cafemom and Old El Paso.  So excited for this project!   Looking forward to trying some new recipes. 

Old El Paso has a large variety of product to choose from.  After looking over the site for recipes I choose to make  Spicy chorizo stuffed peppers and to go with that a taco salad.  

The recipes are quick and easy to follow. 

Tonight I'm making chili chicken enchiladas.  ...requested by my 11 year old son. So I will update with that dinner tomorrow

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 3:14 PM

We love burritos most but really we love any Mexican food, lol!

kgmmw
by Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Chicken Fajitas, rice, beans, tamales, posole :)

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 3:25 PM

enchiladas

mamadee1971
by Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Taco salads,nachos,quesadillas,burritos.  I miss my ma's enchiladas. All vegetarian.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)