Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

What’s your family’s favorite Mexican dish?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms coupons to try Old El Paso products. Read about the delicious recipes they are making and what their family had to say about these vibrant looking dinners.

Then, tell us your family's favorite Mexican dish.

( ) CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Replies (151-160):
amberre90210
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Taco Rice

mirage74
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was a kid, my mom would ask us what we wanted for dinner and my response was always (and still is) MEXICAN HEARTBURN!  It's like a taco salad.  You just throw some tortilla chips on a plate and top it with, well, whatever you want!  Beans, cheese, salsa, avocado, ground beef, chicken, whatever.  And the fun part (especially when you're a kid), is you get to eat it with your hands!

kenleespice
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Tacos and I only use El Paso products. Here's the latest dish I made when my family came over for dinner:

LOL I bet you never met a mexican in your life lol.white people crack me up how you all think this passes for mexican,

kenleespice
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM

now these are real mexican tacos.

Tonysgurl05
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Taquitos I make taco meat than roll it with cheese in an egg roll wrap and deep fry it they are amazing!
beauswife
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I figured this out for myself while I was prego, I was craving it soo much! 1 lb of ground chuck, browned, 1 can of refried beans, 2 pks of Old el paso taco seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Put it in the food processer. Spread this mixture on whatever sauteed bell peppers or hot peppers you like. TA DA! Restuaraunt style chile rellanos! Not Poblanos. But the yummy stuff that comes with the combination dinners! You will love it!!

midnightcow49
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM

beef and bean burritos, yummy and a cheap meal that can be stretched on a small budget.....my son loves tastado's(chulupa's) as well, easy on the grocery budget, that is another reason his MOM (me) also loves it.......midnightcowgirl49 (brenda)......

Chef7777
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Chicken Enchiladas.
KymberleeAnn
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM

OMG this looks so good.

KymberleeAnn
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM

This looks so yummy...

Quoting batjmom:

Thank you Cafemom and Old El Paso.  So excited for this project!   Looking forward to trying some new recipes. 

Old El Paso has a large variety of product to choose from.  After looking over the site for recipes I choose to make  Spicy chorizo stuffed peppers and to go with that a taco salad.  

The recipes are quick and easy to follow. 

Tonight I'm making chili chicken enchiladas.  ...requested by my 11 year old son. So I will update with that dinner tomorrow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN