El Paso Grilled Turkey Patties from the Betty Crocker site!
- egg, slightly beaten
- package (20 oz) lean ground turkey
- cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (from 1 oz package)
- cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- cups shredded lettuce
- 1Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, mix egg, turkey, bread crumbs, taco seasoning mix and 1/4 cup of the salsa. Shape mixture into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- 2When grill is heated, place patties on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until patties are no longer pink in center.
- 3Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix remaining 3/4 cup salsa and the avocado. To serve, place 1 cup lettuce on each serving plate; top with turkey patty and 1/4 of avocado mixture.
This moist turkey mixture makes juicy patties. Use a spatula for an easy and mess-free transfer to the grill. Or, shape patties on squares of foil. Invert patties onto grill and then peel off foil.