Ginger-Cherry-Pear Crisp with Oatmeal Topping from the Betty Crocker site!
- pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- cup cold butter or margarine
- cup chopped walnuts
- medium pears, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- bag (5.5 oz) dried cherries
- cup packed brown sugar
- teaspoons ground ginger
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, place cookie mix. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are the size of peas. Remove 1 cup crumb mixture to small bowl; stir in walnuts. Set aside for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of dish.
- 3In another large bowl, toss pears, cherries, brown sugar and ginger; spoon over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb/nut mixture over fruit.
- 4Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and edges are bubbly. Cool about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
To quickly remove seeds from pears, cut in half and use a melon baller.
Pecans can be substituted for the walnuts.