Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

August 22nd...National Toothfairy Day.

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:32 AM
  • 8 Replies

taken from http://www.holidayinsights.com/

National Tooth Fairy Day celebrates one of childhood's favorite visitors. The Tooth Fairy is an American tradition with European and superstitious roots.

Losing baby teeth is a sometimes traumatic experience for young children. Enter the world of the friendly, smiling and soothing Tooth Fairy. As a young child's first baby tooth becomes lose, the child often fears losing it. The promise of a visit from the tooth fairy and a gift, turns the occasion into something to look forward to. When the tooth finally falls out, mom cleans it off. It is often put it into a "tooth box". At bedtime, the child puts the tooth under his pillow. The tooth fairy comes after the child falls asleep. She takes the tooth and leaves a small gift, usually money. The tooth fairy leaves a gift every time the child loses a tooth.

Never fear: If the tooth is literally lost in some way, don't worry. The Tooth Fairy always knows, and will still leave a gift. She magically knows each time a baby tooth falls out, and will arrive that night , even if the child is away at grandmas, or on vacation.

Does or did your child believe in the toothfairy? How much does she leave for a tooth?

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I never knew there was a National Toothfairy Day! :)

My kids are too young to lose teeth, but I am excited for when they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

aiden hasnt lost a tooth yet, actually it should happen soon

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL too cute ..
They did for a while when they were younger :)

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Aww....I can remember being super excited as a kid about the toothfairy!!  LOL

steelcrazy
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM

My boys have outgrown the toothfairy, but still insist that they need to get a dollar every time that they lose a tooth.  lol  They are 9 and 12.

When they were littler, they actually preferred 4 quarters instead of a dollar bill.  I'm not really sure why though.  I guess the quarters seemed like more money to a 5 year old.

Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Aww....I can remember being super excited as a kid about the toothfairy!!  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Ha ha! Cute! That is probably why.

Quoting steelcrazy:

My boys have outgrown the toothfairy, but still insist that they need to get a dollar every time that they lose a tooth.  lol  They are 9 and 12.

When they were littler, they actually preferred 4 quarters instead of a dollar bill.  I'm not really sure why though.  I guess the quarters seemed like more money to a 5 year old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Haha! Cute! My son is only 2, but we will do the tf when he's older.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)