Black Bean-Sweet Potato Chili from the Betty Crocker site!
- large dark-orange sweet potatoes (1 1/2 lb), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- large onions, chopped (3 cups)
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- tablespoons chili powder
- tablespoon ground cumin
- can (28 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- can (16 oz) refried black beans
- can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Shredded cheese, if desired
- Sour cream, if desired
- 1Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, refried beans, black beans and broth.
- 2Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or on High heat setting 3 hours 30 minutes to 4 hours).
- 3Before serving, stir in vinegar. Serve chili with cheese and sour cream.
Make quick work of chopping the garlic and onions by enlisting the help of your food processor. Start by chopping the garlic first, then add the onions and continue chopping. Depending on the size of your food processor, you may need to do the onions in batches. Either way, you save time and tears!
on Aug. 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM