Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Favorite/weirdest homemade salad dressing?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:05 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have this really weird cucumber I grew in my garden, an avocado and some heavy cream to use up. It's so hot I immediately tried to look up salad dressing recipes (kinda' sounds like the ingredients for green goddess or something) but found nothing with those ingredients.

So just for fun...What are your weirdest and/or favorite salad dressings?

**OK-so I took my cucumbers (I actually had two totally different kinds from my garden), peeled them and removed the seeds. Then I threw them in the food processor with 2 dry packets of Ranch dip, some mayonnaise and about 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. It was pretty runny so I added about 1/2 a carton of *gasp* cottage cheese. Once it was thoroughly blended I had a smooth, thick and creamy Cucumber Ranch dressing that my family is still talking about! We will have it on our salad again tonight and then I'll probably have to toss it but it is the best darn salad dressing I've ever tried. A little thicker and it would have been the perfect dip!**

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pandamom268
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:09 PM

BUMP!

karenax
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was a teen I ate my BF friends house. The mom made a dressing with mayo, ketchup and garlic powder. I was really good. I still make it every now and then.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I love a good ceasar ranch but hard to find :(

C_Florentine
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My favorite dressing to make is red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice & zest, light olive oil, garlic and oregano.  I got it from a Rachel Ray recipe years ago and have been making it ever since.  I mostly use it with a salad of romaine lettuce, cucumber, red onion, grilled chicken and feta.  I serve it with pita/flatbread.  My husband likes taking the extra pita and dipping it in the leftover dressing.  

This is the Rachel Ray recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/greek-grilled-chicken-and-vegetable-salad-with-warm-pita-bread-for-wrapping-recipe/index.html

americansugar80
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

i love that raspberry vinegrette they sell in the store only for their low salt content but when i was making my own i used the off brand of "salad dressing" aka cheap mayo because mayo is just too strong, sugar, and milk and that was pretty good with banana's on my salad.

raczac
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I make one out of mayo and ketchup add the ketchup till its and slight redish color when done mixing.

mommythree0508
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

i'mboring. i just eat italian.

HIJKLM
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I like to mix raspberry vinaigrette with blue cheese
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pandamom268
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:32 PM

That sounds so good and I'm going to try it! I like to mix lite ranch with balsamic dressing and pout it over chicken and bake it. Then I serve it over salad. It's one of my favorite lunches!

Quoting HIJKLM:

HIJKLM
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Now I'm hungry... Gonna have to try that

Quoting pandamom268:

That sounds so good and I'm going to try it! I like to mix lite ranch with balsamic dressing and pout it over chicken and bake it. Then I serve it over salad. It's one of my favorite lunches!

Quoting HIJKLM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN