Super-Quick Salsa Chicken from the Betty Crocker site! You only need 30 mins!
- cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- cups water
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
- tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- medium zucchini, chopped (2 cups)
- cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- can (11 oz) Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Niblets® whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- cup sour cream
- tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Cook rice in water as directed on package. Meanwhile, between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
- 2In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in oil 6 to 10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on outside and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- 3In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook zucchini in oil 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa and corn. Reduce heat to medium; cook 2 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.
- 4Serve chicken over rice; top with vegetable mixture, sour cream and cilantro.
If you’re short on time, skip flattening and cooking chicken breasts. Substitute 4 cups cubed cooked chicken; add with the salsa and corn in step 3.
If you have leftovers, serve them the next day as a Mini Tortilla-Topped Snack. Just chop up leftover chicken; spoon chicken and vegetables into a large custard cup and refrigerate. To serve, microwave covered until hot and sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips.