Greek Tuna Salad Pita Sandwiches with Feta Cheese from the Betty Crocker site!
- tablespoon lemon juice
- tablespoons olive oil
- clove garlic, finely chopped
- teaspoon salt
- medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- ripe medium tomato, seeded, diced
- cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz)
- kalamata or other large ripe olives, pitted, coarsely chopped (1/4 cup)
- cans (5 oz each) tuna in water, drained, flaked
- leaves romaine lettuce, torn in half
- pita (pocket) breads (6 inch), cut in half to form pockets
- 1In small bowl, stir together lemon juice, oil, garlic and salt with whisk. In medium bowl, toss cucumber, tomato, cheese, olives and tuna. Pour dressing over salad; toss until coated.
- 2Place 1 lettuce leaf half in each pita pocket; top each leaf with 1/2 cup tuna salad. Serve immediately.
We like to use English or hot house cucumbers because they have far fewer seeds than the regular cucumbers.
Pitted kalamata olives can be found in jars in the olive section of your grocery stores, as well as in the deli section. They have a sharper, richer flavor than regular canned ripe olives.