Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Lasagna....

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do any of you ladies have a great recipe for homemade lasagna? My family is requesting it and I haven't found one yet that I love.

I'd appreciate any recipes or suggestions!

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM

No sorry .. my DH makes it, LOL
Hopefully soneone else can help :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

amirahsmommy11
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Its not all homemade but this is how I make it

Cook your lasagna noodles and set aside in cold water
I use ragu traditional sauce but I strain it because I hate onions

I mix one or two eggs in my ricotta depending on how much I use also mix mozzerella cheese parmeson cheese salt pepper garlic and parsley(you can add spinich if you'd like)

Then I layer some sauce then noodles then ricotta and repeat until desired thickness top with sauce and cheese and bake for about 40 min

I make a pot of sauce to with meatballs pepperoni and green peppers it taste so good together

Sorry I never measure anything to give you exact amounts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianne7291
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Quoting hugss:

Oh, you lucky girl! My hubby's idea of cooking is ordering out for me. LOL!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM

LOL on your dH,
Mine is a much better cook than me :)

Quoting adrianne7291:

Quoting hugss:

Oh, you lucky girl! My hubby's idea of cooking is ordering out for me. LOL!

Join us at
Time Out for You

adrianne7291
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Quoting amirahsmommy11:

Its not all homemade but this is how I make it

Cook your lasagna noodles and set aside in cold water
I use ragu traditional sauce but I strain it because I hate onions

I mix one or two eggs in my ricotta depending on how much I use also mix mozzerella cheese parmeson cheese salt pepper garlic and parsley(you can add spinich if you'd like)

Then I layer some sauce then noodles then ricotta and repeat until desired thickness top with sauce and cheese and bake for about 40 min

I make a pot of sauce to with meatballs pepperoni and green peppers it taste so good together

Sorry I never measure anything to give you exact amounts

That sounds easy! Thanks for sharing. :)

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Mine is pretty similar to the one listed above although I do add some hamburger and italian sausage thats been cooked to the pasta sauce.  I also take my ricotta and add a couple of eggs and a ton of parmesan cheese and mix it all together before spreading it on the layers.  I hope you make it.  It's pretty hard to mess up. lol  Let us know how how it turns out.   :)

adrianne7291
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting louannwilkins:

Mine is pretty similar to the one listed above although I do add some hamburger and italian sausage thats been cooked to the pasta sauce.  I also take my ricotta and add a couple of eggs and a ton of parmesan cheese and mix it all together before spreading it on the layers.  I hope you make it.  It's pretty hard to mess up. lol  Let us know how how it turns out.   :)

I definitely will! I'm going to make it for the family tomorrow so I'll take some pics too. :)

I need to get some really good parmesan cheese because I'm completely out! 

Derari
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM
I boil the kettle water and just put the noodles in a dish and by the time I'm ready to assemble they are halfway or more cooked. The rest can be done in the oven.

As for the recipes, it is easy, if you are short on time just use a canned sauce.

Spice the ground beef with salt, pepper, a bit of garlic, cayenne if you like it a bit spicy...cook the ground beef etc etc. it's just a bit of layering.
melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

This uses only 6 ingrediants and is sooooo easy to make and yummy! http://www.bhg.com/recipe/meat/lickety-split-lasagna/

adrianne7291
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Quoting melliburger:

This uses only 6 ingrediants and is sooooo easy to make and yummy! http://www.bhg.com/recipe/meat/lickety-split-lasagna/

Thanks for sharing! :) Easy is good with me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)