Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

brown your hamber meat and of course drain it.............mix it with tator tots,cream of chicken soup and top with shredded cheese

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Replies (11-17):
rebeccab1966
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM

My friend tops hers with Cheez-It crackers crushed up and tossed with melted butter.  YUM.

mrgetinold
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Sooo good, sometimes i add taco seasoning to the meat and acan of tomato chunks with green peppers and oninons with the cream soup! And one time all i had were the sweet tater tots they work just as well!
Enjoy
Small10
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM
I make mine with cream of mushroom. I do want to try it with cream of chicken. I'm glad ppl havedone it so I k ow it'll be worth a shot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM
I bet that's good
DissieDothe
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I've made the recipe on the tater tot bag before. Caution! It makes 32 oz bag :)  Layer tater tots in a buttered 9x13 baking pan. Layer the next tater tots going the opposite way. They should look like cross pattern (+). You have enough tater tots to make 3 layers. Next - mix 16 oz tub sour cream with two can cream of chicken. Spoon this over potatoes. Now top that with chopped green onion. Lastly cover with 12 oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered 400F for 45 min. This makes a monster lot - good for potlucks & holiday meals when you're feeding a lot of people.

For everyday ... I like making Shepherds pie topped with tater tots. Layer of green beans, topped with ground beef that is mixed with 1 jar beefy brown gravy, topped with tater tots. Bake 350F for 30 min and the tater tots are sizzling crispy.

If you like the potato crusted cod, you can layer cod in a baking pan, season it, and layer on tater tots. It has to be baked very hot 450F for 25 min. If you cook it lower temp and slower time, the tater tots will sog.

elijahsmama09
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM
From a Mom on here, My favorite version of tater-tot casserole: 1 pound of chicken breast cut into chunks and browned 1/2 pound of bacon, cooked and crumbled 2 pounds of frozen tater tots (plain, unseasoned) 2 cups of broccoli, cooked (or you can use a can of green beans or peas that have been drained) 2 cups of colby jack or your favorite cheddar cheese, shredded 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup 1 cup of sour cream 1/2 cup of milk 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt 1/4 teaspoon of pepper 1 teaspoon of garlic powder 1 teaspoon of onion powder 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper What you need to do: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the soup, sour cream, seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Add 1 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the milk. Mix well. Set aside. Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put the cooked chicken in the bottom of the baking dish. Add the cooked broccoli or other vegetables. Pour the sauce mixture on top of the chicken and broccoli. Layer the frozen tater tots on top. Sprinkle with the cooked bacon. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes. I hope you enjoy this Ultimate Tater Tot Casserole!
Gina1109
by Gina on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that's what we are having tonight..... I do hamburger meat with can cream mushroom and can of milk then layer with Tator tots and.then a layer of cheese
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)