Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

September 9th...National Grandparent's Day.

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

taken from http://www.holidayinsights.com/

It is only right and fitting that one day of the year is set aside to honor our grandparents. It is time to celebrate those special people who are always there with a hug, a kiss, a cookie, something special, or take us somewhere.

National Grandparent's Day originated in 1978. Then President Jimmy Carter declared it to be the first Sunday after Labor Day.

If you can, enjoy the day with them. That is the greatest gift they can receive from you. If you can;'t see them, call them. When you call, make sure you have the time for a long conversation. Remember, grandparents will always ask about you first and listen intently to everything you have to say. They are never rushed or in a hurry. They are there just for you.

Will you celebrate this holiday?

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM

A very special day!
Thanks for the reminder :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

aidensmomma508
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM

nice we are giving the gandparents a break today lol

melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Thanks for sharing :)

I do not think we will. I might call my mum but yesterday was her birthday lol

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I wish I still had my grandparents.  Those are some of my fondest memories as a kid.  I hope my 2 grandkids will remember me the same way. 

snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:28 PM

We hung out with my mom today we even made Brownies together :)

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:48 AM

This is a rather difficult holiday for me.  I have one living grandparent, but we aren't very close.  He is very stubborn, not to mention sexist, and it's hard to carry on a conversation with him without being very frustrated.  Also, I can't help but think of my maternal grandma on a day like today.  She was my best friend, and she died so miserably.  She had myelodysplastic syndrome, which developed into acute myelogenous leukemia.  She spent much of her last 2 years or so going through chemo.  I just can't seem to think about her without thinking of her suffering in those last years.

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM
My kids got to spend yesterday with their grandparents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)