Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

i need chicken recipes!! :)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello!!!

I am out of ideas for chicken main dishes! I have pretty much every seasoning imaginable in my kitchen...and pretty much basic-ish ingredients elsewhere in my kitchen. I am planning on making chicken...something for dinner....I need suggestions cuz nothing that I am thinking of sounds good.

Suggest away! Ready....go! :)

Thanks ladies!

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Replies (11-17):
dbrown1989
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Thank you ladies! :) I will absolutely use your ideas, some I have already tried. I ended up making chicken kiev though. :)

MeliSSamomma
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
This is in my crockpot right now!

Slow cooked shredded chicken with corn, tomatoes and black beans. Prepare the night before and turn your crock pot on in the morning for an easy weeknight meal. Low fat and low in points. Serve over rice with chopped scallions, fresh cilantro, fat free sour cream and reduced fat cheddar.

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 8 servings • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 190 • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Carbs: 23.1 g • Protein: 21 g

Ingredients:
24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
15 oz can black beans
8 oz frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
3 scallions, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
salt to taste

Directions:
Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning. Serve over rice or in a tortilla (extra pts).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Jellybean
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Bump! These sound yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM

chicken marinated in italian dressing....so good

take chicken and put it in a pan with cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom....let it cook in oven for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes....take it out and add potatoes that you've quartered and maybe carrots or whatever veggies you like and put it back in the oven to finish cooking.  Very good!  Sometimes we make this and don't add anything to it but cook rice and eat the chicken and gravy it makes over rice.

pampire
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM

My two favorite ways to make it are with Kraft Take Aways (I think that's the name)  It's cheese, seasoning and breadcrumbs.  You coat the chicken and bake it at 375 for 45 min.  You can throw your own coating jsut as easily.

The second way is to combine 1.5 c cheddar cheese, 1/2c parm, 1 cup dry white wine, 1 can of cream of whatever soup and pour it over chicken in a baking dish.  Cook at 375 for 45 minutes and serve over rice.  Sometimes I'll just make the sauce and serve it with the rice.

Chicken chili is a fave of my SO.  He likes it more than beef chili.

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Love this!!  I will be trying it....

Quoting MeliSSamomma:

This is in my crockpot right now!

Slow cooked shredded chicken with corn, tomatoes and black beans. Prepare the night before and turn your crock pot on in the morning for an easy weeknight meal. Low fat and low in points. Serve over rice with chopped scallions, fresh cilantro, fat free sour cream and reduced fat cheddar.

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 8 servings • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 190 • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Carbs: 23.1 g • Protein: 21 g

Ingredients:
24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
15 oz can black beans
8 oz frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
3 scallions, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
salt to taste

Directions:
Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning. Serve over rice or in a tortilla (extra pts).

tyfry7496
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I marinade in 1000 Island dressing for 30 minutes, coat with bread crumbs and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)