Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Ground beef

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM
  • 18 Replies

We buy organic ground beef at least once a week and I always find myself making either tacos or burgers with it.

Could you ladies offer any suggestions on some new dinner ideas for ground beef, please?

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Hot dish! or spaghetti, or homemade hamburger helper.

MommaBullock
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Grill buddies: form ground beef into burger patties (whatever seasonings you normally put on burgers) take some heavy duty foil tear off in 12 inch sections enough so each memeber of your family has their own piece of foil. spray each piece of foil with cooking spray. set one burger patty in the middle of each piece of foil. then take a bag of frozen mixed veggies and a bag of fries and split them between each foil piece, surrounding your burger patties. my family likes onion with ours so we also put a few slices of onion and green pepper in ours. using a stick of butter, cut it up so that each piece of foil gets 6 pieces of butter. sprinkle entire contents of foil with salt and pepper to taste. we like to either put ketchup on the burger or a little BBQ sauce.  then fold up the foil around like a pocket. make sure to leave a vent hole in the top for the steam to escape. grill until the veggies are tender and the burger is cooked through. you can do this in the oven too, just be sure to put the foil packets onto a cookie sheet and bake for 1/2 hr at 350

amirahsmommy11
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Meatloaf...meatballs...meatpie...chili ..macaroni with ground beef and gravy...meat lasagna...Mexican pizza...I'm sure ill think of more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianne7291
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Quoting amirahsmommy11:

Meatloaf...meatballs...meatpie...chili ..macaroni with ground beef and gravy...meat lasagna...Mexican pizza...I'm sure ill think of more

Mmmmm, mexican pizza. The hubby will love that one!

Thanks for the ideas. :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Meat balls, spaghetti, chili, hamburger soup .. burritos, lasagna :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

adrianne7291
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Hamburger soup? I've never tried that one!

C_Florentine
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I usually make tacos or Manwich (sloppy joe's) when I buy ground beef.  But you can make chili, shepards pie, meatballs, or meat sauce for spaghetti or other pasta, meatloaf, or stuffed peppers.

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it is on my list because it looks so easy

Cheeseburger Pie by Betty Crocker:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-cheeseburger-pie/8c78aa78-c368-40fa-8a88-1654640c7525

Mom2mylilgirlz
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Bump for more ideas! (I NEED THIS TOO) :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Meatloaf
Lasagna
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianne7291
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Thanks for all the great ideas ladies. :) My hubby will be so happy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)