Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas
My 6 yr old is interested in learning to cook. I thought it would be fun to make a Halloween dinner for the family. A dinner that would have Halloween theme. So far the only thing I have found is pigs in a blanket that look like mummies. Please help. I am so excited about this but I can't find anything

***thanks for the sweets ideas. I am going to do one of those for our desert. I need some ides for the dinner if I can get some. You know like a meat, veg, starch? I am open to playing around with things, maybe some food coloring
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
MrsBridges19
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM

You can make hot dog and spaghetti.  You cut up the hot dogs and then stick raw spaghetti in it and cook until the spaghetti is soft.

aidensmomma508
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

you could make things shaped like a pumpkin like a pumpkin shape pizza :) 

hugss
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Such great ideas :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

muthrof_2
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 6:04 PM
So u put sauce on this

Quoting MrsBridges19:

You can make hot dog and spaghetti.  You cut up the hot dogs and then stick raw spaghetti in it and cook until the spaghetti is soft.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C_Florentine
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I made this for Halloween last year.. It's hotdogs cut into strips, cooked in barbeque sauce.  Serve it on rolls.  It looks like slimey worms :P

C_Florentine
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I haven't made this, but I found it online.  Just use your favorite meatloaf recipe.  Mold the meat into a hand shape.  It looks like onion was used for the finger nails and bone sticking out the wrist. Provalone cheese is added to the top and looks like crispy skin when baked. 

C_Florentine
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I found these on Taste of Home's website. 

Worms for Brains
Peppers carved out like pumpkins, then stuffed with spaghetti. 

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Worms-for-Brains

Jack-O-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pie
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Jack-o--Lantern-Sloppy-Joe-Pie

MrsBridges19
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I've seen it plain, and I've see it served with chili or cheese sauce.

Quoting muthrof_2:

So u put sauce on this

Quoting MrsBridges19:

benandarasmom
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM
I always make chili on Halloween. My fiance loves mashed potatoes and I made them green on Halloween and he wouldn't eat them. Lol
I have also done chicken fries with ketchup. My son said they were fingers and blood. LOL.
I always do neat desserts like the ones posted here. If I didn't do a frozen hand every year I'd probably be ignored til the following may!
ilovemykids732
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

MUMMY HOTDOGS!! they wont teach him how to 'cook' but they are fun to make them!!

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/crescent-mummy-dogs/d52a57d7-ab8a-4a1c-8dae-f9f90d03b912/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)