Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Freezing

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

Okay, I've always had issues with figuring out how and what can be frozen without turning out....well icky for lack of a better word lol. Like tonight I am turning on my crockpot to make sauce overnight (rather than cook all day tomorrow) and I will freeze some of it, use some for ziti and some for stuffed shells (anyone have a good recipe for a cheese stuffed shell, also for a meat and cheese stuffed shell, tips would be great too :) lol) Well it'd be awesome if I could freeze the stuffed shells so we could have them another night, but read tons of different opinions on the best way. There's some things I know will freeze well and I make big batches of those and freeze whatever we don't eat. One thing I've never had success with is potatoes.... 
I need to get a list of "freezable" meals that can be defrosted and popped in the oven or microwave since I'm pregnant and high risk it's guarenteed I will end up on bedrest and well DH just can't cook lol soooo I need to figure out freezing stuff better so when I know bedrest is coming up I can have the freezer stocked full of precooked meals that just need to be reheated (plus it'll be nice right after baby is here!)
That was very ramble-y and long winded, but I'm tired and don't feel good lol. Sorry. 

by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bec94
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:35 PM
http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/16663/spinach-and-cheese-stuffed-pasta-shells

I'm going to be trying this recipe this week or next. Usually if it's 4-5 stars, it's a hit in my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Homemade chicken pot pie, lasagna,quiche, waffles, breakfast burritos, also marinade chicken then straight to freezer saves time , mac & cheese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM
There's also a freezer list in better home &gardens cookbook
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I've been thinking about pot pie but never seemed to get to it lol. Were asking for a waffle maker for Christmas, but we bought a huge box of eggos for now since I've been craving them big time....
Does mac and cheese freeze well?? That's something ds4 loves and there's a lot you can do with it... Usually we make some kind of homemade hamburger or chicken helper

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Homemade chicken pot pie, lasagna,quiche, waffles, breakfast burritos, also marinade chicken then straight to freezer saves time , mac & cheese.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I'll have to pull it up on the computer tomorrow, my phones being stupid lol

Quoting bec94:

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/16663/spinach-and-cheese-stuffed-pasta-shells

I'm going to be trying this recipe this week or next. Usually if it's 4-5 stars, it's a hit in my house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I'll have to ask my mom if she has one, we have several cookbooks but none have anything about freezing...

Quoting 1stpreggers:

There's also a freezer list in better home &gardens cookbook

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

yea it does i just undercook the pasta so the end result isnt mushy and overcooked. pancakes freeze great too! ive been experimenting with homemade hambuger helper and mine is gross lol! how do u make yours?

Quoting kmencl3210:

I've been thinking about pot pie but never seemed to get to it lol. Were asking for a waffle maker for Christmas, but we bought a huge box of eggos for now since I've been craving them big time....
Does mac and cheese freeze well?? That's something ds4 loves and there's a lot you can do with it... Usually we make some kind of homemade hamburger or chicken helper

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)